The standard allows IT service provider organizations to achieve conformance to a service management system which requires them to continually improve their delivery of IT services.
ISO/IEC 20000 was first released in 2005 and is now at the second edition 20000-1:2011 Service Management System (SMS) Standard.
The adoption of ISO 20000 has grown rapidly in the international arena for both internal and external IT service providers and it has become a competitive differentiator for delivery of IT services.
Following are some of the benefits :
- Achieve international best practice standards of IT service management.
- Develop IT services that are driven by and support business objectives.
- Integrate people, processes and technology to support business goals.
- Put in place controls to measure and maintain consistent levels of service.
- ISO/IEC 2000 is compatible with ITIL to support continual improvement.
market size ?
to go from